Information for


This diagram shows you how your pathway will progress. The process is different depending on who your issue or dispute is with. The processes are open to APRA and AMCOS members. If you are not an APRA or AMCOS member then contact the APRA AMCOS member services team.



Disputes with APRA AMCOS

The resolution pathways are designed to match the problem with the process. A good match will maximise the chances of satisfaction and success. Pathways differ in the level of formality, the level of involvement of the parties and the cost of the pathway.

Step 1: Review

Review the services available on this website in the pathways section.

Step 2: Connect with us

Connect with us to get started

Step 3: Triage

The Resolution Facilitator Team will aim to be in touch within 2 business days. They may and ask you some questions to better understand the nature of the matter. The initial conversation should take about 45 minutes.

Step 4: Management

Once the parties have agreed on a process and an expert has been selected, a date is agreed and the process is scheduled.

The process and timeline is all tracked via our secure reporting mechanism to keep you informed.


Disputes with other music creators

Step 1: Decide

If it is a dispute with APRA AMCOS or a fellow music creator.

Step 2: Join

If you are not a member of APRA AMCOS already then call APRA AMCOS and ask for their writers services team at the local office and join.

Step 3: Seek

If it is a dispute with another music creator then have a chat to the relevant APRA AMCOS writer services person and follow the steps.

Step 4: Reflect

At the end of the APRA AMCOS services process, or if you are unhappy with the result, then return to Resolution Pathways and submit details of your issue or dispute.

Costs and timelines

For all information about costs and timelines please read the Pathways page.

Feedback on the process

Want to give us feedback?

To provide feedback please head over to our compliments & complaints page.

Your feedback can be about a matter or you can send a complaint directly to our Independent Chair